Friday, February 27, 2015

Why We Need To Let Go Of Fear



So it started something like this...

This dude, this hunk of a man, that I've been crushing on for like, ever, decides to ruffle up a little...well, we'll call it "the love game" (ya know, the old click-bait? The tango? The #aintnobodygottimefodat type of shenanigans), to which I suppose my extreme irritation began to seep out my pores because he asked, "You totally hate me don't you?"

My response? A spicy: "I don't hate you. I don't even think about you." Gasp.

No sooner did the foreign words project out of my mouth that I not only regretted them, but realized they were not actually my own feelings or thoughts, but some line I had heard one too many times from marathon watching Gossip Girl on Netflix. Don't judge.

The point is that it made me step back and analyze my outburst and realize that I had been playing by the wrong rules. Whoever said, "The one who cares less wins" is clearly a sociopath with an anti-social personality disorder, or perhaps just lacks compassion, but NO. The one who cares less DOESN'T win. Since when did caring about another human being become a losing strategy? Like, what the hell is wrong with us?



Anyway, I've been pondering this idea lately, about vulnerability, and why the hell we're all so scared of putting our feelings out there. Feeling feelings shouldn't be such a scary thing. And when you think about it, we're actually all just scared of getting hurt, and/or being disappointed, but honestly, is that such a bad thing? We're all in this together, people. And life is just too goddamn short.


No comments:

Post a Comment